UPower with GNOME 2.32

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Oct 3 21:19:41 PDT 2010

On 10/03/2010 11:03 PM, DJ Lucas wrote:

> Actually, looks like bad advice I gave.
And still doing so...

> This check was added to gobject-introspection
> on Septermber 29th.  This likely means that upower
> is actually broken in some (minor?) way.
>
> http://osdir.com/ml/general/2010-09/msg53570.html
>
> I'd roll back to a previous version of upower, or roll back to
> GOI-0.9.7, while waiting for a fixed version of upower (or get to
> hacking on upower (check upstream first)).  Problem with rolling back
> GOI is that you'll potentially miss other 'broken' packages.

Digging a little deeper, looks like they removed gobject about a month
ago upstream.

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/upower/commit/?id=a20798dc9c27f42d0ccce3b6a7b964b59b5d02e2

Final suggestion until I actually get around to it myself is to disable
gobject-introspection, either manually (see the toplevel makefile.am and
configure.ac changes, with autoreconf) or by configure switch if available.

Also, might want to go ahead and apply this too (until new upower-0.9.6
is released).

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/devkit-devel/2010-August/000880.html

-- DJ Lucas