UPower with GNOME 2.32

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Oct 3 16:10:16 PDT 2010

On 10/03/2010 04:46 PM, Duncan Baynes wrote:
> Is anyone having problems getting upower to compile when building GNOME
> 2.32?
>
> I'm getting the following error:
>
> make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/UPower-0.9.1/libupower-glib'
>   CC     libupower_glib_la-up-types.lo
>   CC     libupower_glib_la-up-client.lo
>   CC     libupower_glib_la-up-wakeups.lo
>   CC     libupower_glib_la-up-qos-item.lo
>   CC     libupower_glib_la-up-wakeup-item.lo
>   CC     libupower_glib_la-up-stats-item.lo
>   CC     libupower_glib_la-up-history-item.lo
>   CC     libupower_glib_la-up-device.lo
>   CCLD   libupower-glib.la
>   GISCAN UPowerGlib-1.0.gir
> Namespace is empty; likely causes are:
> * Not including .h files to be scanned
> * Broken --identifier-prefix
>
> make[2]: *** [UPowerGlib-1.0.gir] Error 1

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten that far with it yet. I've been terribly
busy. I should be hacking on it myself by tomorrow evening. Are you
building in an alternate prefix or in /usr? If the optional prefix, I
would be looking for things in the libexec dir or the quick
goboject-introspection post release version of 0.9.8 (only blind stabs
in the dark--I don't have the slightest clue why introspection was
released so quickly).  If not, I'll be caught up with you tomorrow
evening or Tuesday evening.

-- DJ Lucas