Discussion about a new BLFS release

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Nov 21 15:52:54 PST 2010

On 11/21/2010 01:55 PM, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> DJ Lucas wrote these words on 11/19/10 18:00 CST:
>> Sorry to resurrect a 15 day old thread, but are we set in stone on 6.7
>> then?  It is unfortunate, but I've just started on current SVN thinking
>> we were shooting for a 6.8 simultaneous release.
>
> I don't think there is enough difference to worry about. I did the same
> thing, but stuck with it. I'm building and testing against
> LFS-20101029. The choice is up to you, but you might want to compare
> the toolchain and see if there is any difference to speak of. I know
> I used a 2.6.36 kernel, hoping that it won't cause breakage to a true
> LFS-6.7 system.

I'm using 20101117 version. Might be pushing it a bit, but I'm sure I'll
wind up rebuilding anyway at some point. Next question is whether I
should revisit the update to Xorg-7.6. I think I'm going to go ahead and
push forward with it. A lot of people have been building against 1.9
already with only one issue to speak of.

-- DJ Lucas