Discussion about a new BLFS release

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Nov 19 16:00:15 PST 2010

On 11/05/2010 12:18 PM, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 05, 2010 at 11:23:02AM -0500, Randy McMurchy wrote:
>>
>> And what version should we target? I see there being two choices. Target
>> for 6.7 and release as soon as we can. Or, target for 6.8 and coincide
>> our release with the next LFS release.
>>
>  I'd prefer to target 6.7 and "as soon as we can".  From what I've
> seen on the LFS changelogs, I think the current changes since 6.7
> will only have a small impact on BLFS.  I assume 6.8 will have both
> a newer gcc and a newer glibc, which might require everything to be
> retested again.

Sorry to resurrect a 15 day old thread, but are we set in stone on 6.7
then?  It is unfortunate, but I've just started on current SVN thinking
we were shooting for a 6.8 simultaneous release. Obviously I did not
read this thread as close a I had thought I had. :-) I'm not that far
and LFS only takes about 2 hours to build now days (I have all the
post-install tasks in a single shell script that takes about 3 seconds
to run) so not a big deal if I should start over, however, if we are
shooting for 6.7 + errata, I'll want to rebuild.  Also, need to add
glibc and patch to LFS errata.

-- DJ Lucas