Update to pixman?

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Nov 18 23:30:39 PST 2010

On 11/18/2010 06:16 PM, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to update the version of Cairo in the book to the most
> recent version. Unfortunately, this requires that the book's version
> of pixman must also be updated (0.18.4). Mostly directed to DJ and Dan
> N., would updating pixman cause any breakage in Xorg? Anyone else with
> pertinent information is welcome to reply.
>
> I cannot find anything that describes the changes in pixman from version
> to version. There is no NEWS files, or a ChangeLog file. Any help would
> be appreciated.

Go ahead and take it up to 0.20.0 if you don't mind. I'll be updating
the book with Xorg-7.6(-1) in the next few days (or within two weeks
anyway...as soon as it is made official, or at least when all modules
are updated as I didn't plan on adding the new docs packages) and pixman
would be a part of that update.

-- DJ Lucas