Update to pixman?

Nathan Coulson conathan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 17:04:28 PST 2010

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 4:37 PM, Randy McMurchy
<randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> Nathan Coulson wrote these words on 11/18/10 18:24 CST:
>> I have been using 0.20.0 myself, (new stable branch).  nothing
>> notable, but I am not a serious GUI user.  Been using it since release
>> though (1-2 months ago?)
>
> Thanks for the swift reply, Nathan. I suppose what matters is that
> you are using pixman-0.20.0 with the Xorg versions listed in the book.
> If that is that case, I feel good about the update. Unfortunately, I
> don't even know if pixman is involved at all with the GTK+ project.
>
> I have been out of the BLFS loop for so long (I have tried to read
> every message, however), I have been going on what DJ and Dan
> recommend on the Xorg side. Both have been good about replying to my
> recent posts, so we'll see what input they have.
>
> Again, thanks Nathan.
>
> --
> Randy

perhaps I should retract that then.  I am using the 1.9 xorg server
series right now.  Other then that, it is farely close to the book
(with 1.8, I was using the 0.19 unstable branch, which also appeared
to work fine...)

My apologies

--
Nathan Coulson (conathan)