Which is best?

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Nov 16 07:51:52 PST 2010

DJ Lucas wrote these words on 11/16/10 09:29 CST:

> Method 3:  Install same versions of AC and AM. In a local directory, and add the bin sure at front of the path, and then generate the patch, see if that reduces the size. Should make a pretty considerable size difference.

Sounds like a lot of hassle. I already have the two patches. Let's just
pick one and run with it. The large patch is 1.5 mb, the tarball is 5 mb.
The patch only modifies two files: configure and the .m4 file.

But you are right, your method would reduce the size, but do we really
care? Of course, I've been using broadband since I can't remember. Can
it be there are still dial-up users? Probably in countries other than
America and most of Europe, but how many dial up folks build LFS?

I know Alexander used to complain about the cost of downloading in
Russia. I wonder if that is still an issue?

--
Randy

09:47:00 up 14 days, 16:41, 1 user, load average: 0.08, 0.02, 0.01