Discussion about a new BLFS release

Wayne Blaszczyk wblaszcz at bigpond.net.au
Fri Nov 5 02:28:37 PDT 2010


On 05/11/10 10:23, DJ Lucas wrote:
> Wayne, have you looked at 2.32 yet? If not, I'm good with staying on
> 2.30.2. We need to make a decision on how to handle the optional prefix
> though. Should it go in the dumpster? I'll be happy to go over the
> existing instructions and fix any side issues for the optional prefix,
> but I'll need somebody to follow me to verify that my changes don't
> break the normal /usr installation.  I'm only part way through 2.32, so
> I can easily go back and start over (I kind of need to anyway after I
> figured out that db won't really replace sqlite3 yet).
> 
No I haven't and I probably won't do anything with Gnome until version
3.0 comes out (Unless there is another significant delay). I got a few
things on the go atm outside of this project, i.e. <plug>
http://ai-contest.com/ </plug>. I'm happy for you to make any changes.
Once submitted into the book, I can ran an auto build to test for any
breaks, regardless of which version it is.
I really would like to see '--prefix=$(pkg-config --variable=prefix
ORBit-2.0)' removed from all instructions, something that will have to
be done eventually once ORBit is removed.
I finally completed my x86_64 build on my new rig, the last 4 weeks
spent trying to get ICAClient(32bit) to work.
Regards,
Wayne.



More information about the blfs-dev mailing list