nfs-utils

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Nov 2 05:30:54 PDT 2010

On 11/02/2010 04:26 AM, Tobias Gasser wrote:

> the following steps are what i'm doing to have nfs up and running:
>
> - tcp_wrappers 7.6
>   as in the blfs book
>
> - portmap 6.0
>   as in the blfs book
>
> - libattr 2.4.44
>   as in the blfs book
>
> - libcap 2.19 (1.0.0 from book failed)
>   sed 's at -lattr@"-L/usr/lib -lattr"@' libcap/Makefile
> (i have no idea, why /usr/lib is not searched by default)

A very old argument there.  It is because /usr/lib is not strictly FHS
compliant as /usr may be a network mount. I have a bug assigned to fix
that in the book for both attr and acl. Whatever links to libcap and the
others may also need to be moved to a 'local' file system in order to be
strictly FHS compliant. Granted the remote /usr is unlikely to be an nfs
mount now days, the FHS still allows for it, so the book should be
updated to reflect that.

>   make
>   make prefix=/usr lib=lib install
>   mv /usr/lib/security/pam_cap.so /lib/security
>
> - libevent 1.4.14b
>   configure --prefix=/usr
>   make
>   make install
>
> - libnfsidmap 0.23
>   configure --prefix=/usr
>   make
>   make install
>
> - nfs-utils 1.2.3
>   configure --disable-tirpc --disable-gss \
>      --enable-nfsv3 --enable-nfsv4 --disable-nfsv41 \
>      --enable-mount --with-tcp-wrappers
>   make
>   make install
>

> i hope, this helps...