How can I contribute?

Guy Dalziel krendoshazin at dementedfury.org
Sat Jul 31 04:54:41 PDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 07:33:01PM -0500, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> That should probably change now. I'm not sure any active developers
> are using 6.5. I am open to suggestions, but I feel BLFS may need
> to just simply target the LFS Development book. Anybody who could
> contribute some alternate ideas would certainly be helpful.

I'm still using 6.5 at the moment as I haven't done a rebuild in a
while. For the next build I'll use 6.6 and build the rest of the
system on that. I think it's probably a good idea to use LFS-dev to
build on as then we have something to target towards; at the moment it
feels like every time we make some progress a new LFS gets released.
When it comes to development as long as nothing too radical changes then
I think it should be fine: if we build against -dev using GCC 4.5.0
and the released version uses 4.5.2, then it's not a big deal as we can
be sure that it's just bug fixes. This way when -dev goes stable we'll
be in better shape to match it.