How can I contribute?

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 30 19:17:14 PDT 2010

On 07/30/2010 07:33 PM, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Ken Moffat wrote:
>
>>  Just for the record, BLFS is still targetted at LFS-6.5, so build instructions
>> should be appropriate to that version.
>
> That should probably change now. I'm not sure any active developers
> are using 6.5. I am open to suggestions, but I feel BLFS may need
> to just simply target the LFS Development book. Anybody who could
> contribute some alternate ideas would certainly be helpful.

I actually believe that it was Ken who mentioned the long term support
kernels not too long ago in passing.  I had suggested that we stick with
whichever version of LFS includes one of the LTS kernels when they are
determined (that would be 6.6 as of now).  There is just no way for BLFS
to keep up with LFS's 6 month cycle.  That would give us at least a one
year target anyway, besides, I'm personally not quite ready to deal with
gcc-4.5's fixes just yet. :-)  There were a few complaining about gcc's
buffer overflow protection, now those should be fixed upstream as
quickly as possible anyway, but I'd rather give upstream some time to
get corrected releases out there than picking through their various SCMs.

-- DJ Lucas