TeXLive

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Dec 31 18:15:15 PST 2010

Hi all,

Happy New Year!

I have been working with TeXLive for some time now, and I think I have
a build that is solid and functional. I will be adding a new page in the
book for TeXLive after the new year. I also have two simple patches so
that the TeTeX package can be installed (and functional) for current LFS
SVN. There is a huge amount of disk space used between the two packages.
TeXLive will need a huge amount of disk space to build and install (add
2.5gb if you use DESTDIR). It could total to 7gb. Ridiculous.

The JadeTeX package is not needed with the new 2010 version of LiveTeX
as it is included in the main LiveTex installation. I will leave JadeTeX
in the book until TeTeX is removed.

--
Randy

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.25] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
20:05:00 up 4 days, 23:02, 1 user, load average: 0.06, 0.02, 0.00