cmake inclusion?

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Dec 7 18:06:08 PST 2010

On 12/07/2010 07:49 PM, Robert Xu wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 19:39, DJ Lucas <dj at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>> On 11/28/2010 12:55 PM, Robert Xu wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I finally have some working cmake scripts for Trinity, courtesy of
>>> samelian on Freenode, since we do not want to use a crappy and old
>>> autoconf.
>>> I'm testing them right now, which brings me to another subject: Will
>>> cmake be included into BLFS?
>>>

>> Okay...now I'm not so sure. The distribution is kinda sloppy and really
>> is intended for developers (it's an svn checkout with varying
>> directories, not really fit for distribution). It might be better to
>
> That's not good. +1 for own tarballs.
>
>> roll our own tarballs locally. If that is the case, I'd rather ditch the
>> extra dependency (on something that most of us here do not like anyway),
>> fix what is broken, and ship with proper configure scripts. With that
>> said, do we have the cmake variants for tqtinterface and arts yet? If
>
> Yes. I have them.
>
>> so, did he get the linker fixes in for the QTLDFLAGS for the mt parts in
>> tqtinterface?
>>

> ?

No -L flags for -lqt-mt.  Not a big deal to fix in auto*, `pkgconfig
--libs qt-mt` but they weren't in the original auto* scripts. I don't
know cmake, and we absolutely must support /opt/qt as a QT prefix. If
you understand cmake well, then it is all good. I'll learn cmake as I
go.

So far, I only have fixed up tqtinterface and still only using
ac-2.63 (the inheritance problems will be difficult to sort without
extracting and not using the admin scripts). Been using 'make
LDFLAGS+="-L/opt/qt/lib"' in the interim to get a test build going so I
can get build times and sizes (this of course will change a little if
cmake is introduced, but I don't know by how far. The ./admin dir is a
little bit annoying just because it is not like anything else out there,
but I'll get it.  If the cmake scritps(?) are easier and have already
take into account the alternate paths, then I'm all for them.

-- DJ Lucas