A git test drive

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Dec 7 16:05:14 PST 2010

Jeremy Huntwork wrote these words on 12/07/10 17:43 CST:
> So it actually builds and installs a full dynamic C library. It must be
> building what it needs from swig as shipped with the package.

It mentions something about pre-generated swig wrappers in the subversion
tarball at http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracSubversion, though they still
recommend that you build SWIG according the instructions given in the
subversion tarball. They even expand on what versions of SWIG will work
and ones that will not. I'm not doing any more research. I'm simply going
with what is documented. Not worth the trouble to me to test a new method,
when what we are talking about is installing a simple package that many
other packages use as well.

Thanks for the tips, Jeremy. And thanks for listening in.

--
Randy

18:01:01 up 36 days, 55 min, 1 user, load average: 0.02, 0.15, 0.11