A git test drive

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Dec 7 15:33:11 PST 2010

Jeremy Huntwork wrote these words on 12/07/10 17:24 CST:
> ./configure ...
> make
> make swig-py
> make swig-pl
> make install
> make install-swig-py
> make install-swig-pl
>
> It's been years since I've needed to install a separate SWIG package in
> order to use the bindings. Now, there could be something I'm missing by
> doing it this way, I haven't dug further to find out.

That is interesting. Does it build the Ruby bindings that way as well?
The instructions must be outdated as they still say you must install
SWIG and the configure script looks for a SWIG installation. Confusing
to say the least. What made you try to install them without following
the directions? I am not speaking of BLFS directions, I am speaking about
the directions given in the Subversion tarball. It must have been accidental.

--
Randy

17:30:00 up 36 days, 24 min, 1 user, load average: 0.07, 0.05, 0.05