A git test drive

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Dec 7 15:13:40 PST 2010

Jeremy Huntwork wrote these words on 12/07/10 16:19 CST:
> On 12/7/10 5:02 PM, Randy McMurchy wrote:
>> Though all this is off-topic for this list, I'll add that current SWIG
>> (if 2.0.1 is still current) builds the latest subversion tarball bindings
>> just fine. I should have subversion updated in the book to the latest
>> version sometime this week.
>
> So you still make use of the separate SWIG package? I haven't done that
> in a long time. Are there advantages to doing so?

I suppose I am a bit lost here. You gave instructions to someone that
require the installation and use of the SWIG package. I am an Editor
that must install SWIG so that I can check out the accuracy of the
instructions and that the package builds as we say it will.

Exactly what do you mean when you say "So you still make use of the
separate SWIG package?" I'm not trying to me a smart-a$$, I just am a
bit confused with your message.

--
Randy

17:10:01 up 36 days, 4 min, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00