Pulseaudio

Stuart Stegall keltor at keltor.org
Fri Dec 3 10:36:08 PST 2010

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 11:55 AM, Stuart Stegall <keltor at keltor.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 3:16 AM, treah blade <treah.blade at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I wasent sure if anyone was considering includeing this into the blfs book or not but I was curious if anyone has gotten it working well on a LFS system lately?  Reason I ask is it seams to be all the rage around the distros and I was curious about it myself.
>>
>> --
>> treah blade <treah.blade at gmail.com>
>> --
>>

> I have Pulseaudio working.  I will try to write it up, but be warned
> there's about 12 OTHER libs you need and some of the GUI components
> need the full Gnome C++ bindings (though you don't actually need
> Gnome, just some of the libs.)

Preliminary w/o all the details ...

Package: PulseAudio
Version: 0.9.22
DL: http://0pointer.de/lennart/projects/pulseaudio/pulseaudio-0.9.22.tar.gz
Requirements: alsa-lib-1.0.17, libsamplerate, libsndfile-1.0.8,
libatomic_ops-1.2, libspeex, libgdbm, xorg-7.5, glib-2.0, jack,
gconf-2.0, dbus-glib-0.7.0
PulseAudio

alsa-lib is in blfs
libsndfile isn't
libsamplerate isn't
libatomic_ops is in blfs
libspeex is just speex in blfs
gdbm is in base LFS
xorg is in blfs
glib 2 is in blfs
jack is not in blfs and can be considered very optional
gconf is in blfs
dbus-glib is in blfs

libsndfile and libsamplerate are both easy to install.  Libsamplerate
is more commonly known as Secret Rabbit Code.

http://www.mega-nerd.com/SRC/libsamplerate-0.1.7.tar.gz

It requires libsndfile to be installed first.

http://www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/files/libsndfile-1.0.23.tar.gz

Both are basically the ./configure --prefix=/usr && make -j3 && make install

Pulse is built in a similar way thought it helps to read what's
detected after running configure to make sure all the packages were
actually detected.