Package titles

Wayne Blaszczyk wblaszcz at bigpond.net.au
Mon Aug 23 01:45:40 PDT 2010

On 23/08/10 05:47, William Immendorf wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 12:36 PM, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Wayne,
>>
>>   I'm updating the mirrors and sometimes have problems finding a
>> package.  It would really help if you change the titles of packages to
>> match the file names when possible.  For instance, the package
>> evolution-data-server-2.30.2.1.tar.bz2 has the title Evolution Data
>> Server.  The difference in capitalization and spaces instead of dashes
>> makes it difficult for me to find the package in the table of contents.
> As a side note, I've wanted Wayne to remove Devicekit from the book
> (as it's obslete and no longer required), and I also wanted him to
> test out my patch for adding LFS support to system-tools-backends.
> Wayne, if you are reading this, please go and check your mail, as I
> wanted you to test out a patch for System-tools-backends (that adds
> LFS support) that I wanted you to test, and please report back to me
> when you are done testing it (and while you are at it, update the
> backends to 2.10.1).

Sorry William but I did not receive any personal email from you.
In regards to removing Devicekit, it's on the todo list, I'm still not
finished with updating 2.30.2. As far as system-tools-backend, version
2.8.1 was part of the 2.30.2 GNOME release. I really do not have any
interest in the development stream of GNOME. That said, I have no
objection in any one else updating the book with system-tools-backend
2.10.1.
Regards,
Wayne.