cdrtools

treah blade treah.blade at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 02:57:44 PDT 2010

On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 12:59:03 -0400
linux fan <linuxscratch at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/14/10, treah blade <treah.blade at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > ../include/schily.h:111: error: conflicting types for 'fexecve'
> > ../include/schily.h:190: error: conflicting types for 'getline'
>
> Above are messages I did not get when I just installed cdrtools "by
> the book" on LFS-6-6 and kernel 2.6.33.
>
> All of the "../RULES/r-gmake.dep ...  No such file or directory"
> messages may be schily artifacts which do not seem to be of any
> consequence. (I got lots of them.)
> --

treah blade <treah.blade at gmail.com>

After searching around on freshmeat I found a gui program that did not require cdrtools and better yet they linked to the library that they used to acomplish this task. Instead of built programs they are using something called libisofs, so I checked out there site and indeed its a libary that you can build programs using that can burn disks quite well. I am currently testing it out and it seams to build alright. It even comes with a cdrtools like program for mastering discs in the command line.  These folks seam to be hard at work improving this and it is fully GPL so no worries about silly licence issues.  I really think this or something like it is a better idea all round esp. since its using a library methood that allows independant development.

I know I will be using this for my cdburning needs and I hope that the devs get more exposure to continue its sucess.