Drop old packages (pan - gnet)

William Immendorf will.immendorf at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 04:25:12 PDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 5:55 AM, Lars Bamberger
<maillist at herr-der-mails.de> wrote:
> I therefore propose to remove pan from the blfs book and also consider
> gnet for removal.
>

> *Darn* got to find a new Newsreader. I was quite happy with pan, but
> there's no more development or maintenance in pan.
Well, Thunderbird also comes with newsreader functions:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/xsoft/thunderbird.html

Seamonkey also has mail/news reader functions, if you like all your
apps in a suite.

--
William Immendorf
The ultimate in free computing.