Why is quartz not mentioned in the GTK section?

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Apr 6 22:52:56 PDT 2010

On 04/06/2010 08:25 PM, jon q public wrote:
> Pango needs to have a cairo backend to support GTK

I haven't looked yet, but I think you've mis-interpreted this part...

> The only backend allowed is based on /Quatrz/
> Therefore /Quartz/ is a GTK prerequisite.

What exactly would that get you?  There is an OpenQuartz still in its
infancy, but I'm pretty sure that I haven't seen any WMs/DEs that will
build without X11, well besides Aqua (and if you got the source for
that, some people will not be happy about that).  If a Gnome2 and E14
hybrid aren't good enough for your goal, then I would suggest you go out
and purchase the real OS X on supported hardware.

-- DJ Lucas