XZ-Utils 4.999.9beta

David Jensen djensenlin at windstream.net
Wed Sep 30 16:21:33 PDT 2009

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 10:52:33 -0500
William Immendorf <will.immendorf at gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess no one listens to me when I have a new package. They should
> be.

Hm...

I use it.  I ran across a download directory that offered a tar.xz, I
don't remember what the package was, but I did choose the tar.xz!
I expect it will become a standard and could be in the 'book' to bring
awareness to BLFS users. No harm in that, if the text states it's
current status.  'CMMI' or not, it's still education!

I'm wondering 'why all the fuss', there are tons of things that could
be added or should be updated.

---
David Jensen