OT: Shared /etc (Was: Re: Sudo example configuration)

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Sep 29 23:21:19 PDT 2009

On 09/30/2009 12:45 AM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>   /etc which is never shared AFAIK, but

I've never seen or heard of /etc itself being an NFS volume...I suppose
it would be possible with some gnarly init, but surely not practical.  I
have, however, heard of subdirs of /etc being shared
volumes...specifically for load balancing on Postfix.

That came up quite a few months ago on postfix-users (I read casually as
they've saved me a few times).  IIRC, the regular contributors didn't
seem too happy about it, suggesting that the OP use something like
rsync.  While the config did work as the OP had intended, I think he
wound up taking the advice of the regulars.

-- DJ Lucas