xcb-proto: Where does it belong?

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 12:12:25 PDT 2009

DJ Lucas wrote:

> IMO, Mesa and LibDRM, along with *XCB*, should be moved back to the Xorg
> section for a linear installation.

I agree.  The title of this part of the book is 'X + Window Managers' and
Chapter 23 is 'X Window System Environment'.  The other packages certainly fix
there.  Perhaps a little text explanation in the section "Introduction to
Xorg-7.4" would clear things up.  In fact, I'd rename this section to just
"Introduction".

I'd also like to see xterm moved back here as some terminal emulator is needed
when first setting up X.