xcb-proto: Where does it belong?

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Sep 27 10:33:13 PDT 2009

On 09/27/2009 12:21 PM, DJ Lucas wrote:
> On 09/27/2009 11:52 AM, Dan Nicholson wrote:
>
>> Why do they have to be anywhere besides the X chapter? They're
>> certainly not relevant outside of X.
>>

> I said the same about Mesa and libdrm long ago, but consensus at the time was that they were not a part of the xorg distribution, and so were moved into the appropriate locations in the book.  Same thing here.

I feel I should qualify that a bit more.  IMO, Mesa and LibDRM, along
with *XCB*, should be moved back to the Xorg section for a linear
installation.  In fact both were in the Xorg section when I originally
added the modular build to the book.  Precedence and consistency are
more important, however, and it was decided long ago not to do this as
they are not required and they are not a part of the official distribution.

-- DJ Lucas