GNOME 2.26.3

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Sep 23 21:18:03 PDT 2009

On 09/23/2009 11:10 PM, DJ Lucas wrote:
> BTW, I'm not sure if that patch can be sent upstream as is, because I
> made libxkbfile an unconditional dependency. It really depends on what
> the minimum supported version of X is.

Which prompts the question:  Are we doing the right thing with xkb.  I
think the xkb rules should be regarded as architecture independent data
files.  We've been moving them for some time, for FHS compliance on the
assumption that they are configuration files.  The old monolithic path
as a symlink was just a convenience....they really live in
/etc/X11/xkb/rules right now, but I think that move should not be happening.

-- DJ Lucas