GNOME 2.26.3

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Sep 23 06:13:02 PDT 2009

On 09/23/2009 06:46 AM, Wayne Blaszczyk wrote:

> DJ Lucas wrote:
>
>> On 09/22/2009 06:09 AM, Wayne Blaszczyk wrote:
>>
>>> DJ,
>>> The shutdown and network/trash icons have been fixed, are there any more
>>>    problems you can see?
>>>

>> Libproxy picks up mozjs support, but is not aware of stable/unstable
>> include dirs in recent xulrunner.  I think --without-mozjs should be
>> default with an explanation to remove it and prepend
>> 'CFLAGS="-I/usr/include/xulrunner-&xulrunner-version;/unstable"
>> LDFLAGS="--rpath-link
>> -L/usr/lib/xulrunner-&xulrunner-version;-devel"...' to the make line.
>>
>> Warning:  I haven't tried the above and just opted for the
>> --without-mozjs as javascript support in automated html browsing
>> functions is something that I'll likely never need.
>>
>> -- DJ Lucas
>>

> Sorry DJ, I don't really understand what you are trying to do here.
> Please note that I'm nowhere near an expert to building or development
> for that matter. I don't see the connection between mozjs and stable and
> unstable.
> Given that --with(out)-mozjs is an automatic detect, wouldn't it be
> better to leave it out and let the user decide how to build it?
> Wayne.

If it's there, the new version breaks the build because it can't find
the headers and libs since the items with stable APIs are now separated
from the items that are still moving targets.  Then again, I might still
need to change up on the mozilla stack a bit, I'm not sure how to handle
it ATM.

-- DJ Lucas