openldap-2.4.16, db-4.5.20 and gdbm-1.8.3

Sami Tarazi e44bpws at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 22:02:53 PDT 2009

Guy, William, I do apologise for this misunderstanding.  Following the
posts of July, I was under the impression (wrongly) that  is desirable
to keep db-4.5.20 for the time being.  I tried db-4.7.25 with many
OpenLDAP releases.  The combination that worked the best seemed to be
db-4.7.25 and OpenLDAP-2.4.18 as follows:

- four official patches should be applied to db (or the fix all patch
of lfs6.4)  and then --enable-rpc is added to configure.

- --disable-ndb is used for the configure of OpenLDAP.

OpenLDAP-2.4.18 compiles without any env parameters.  It should be
noted that repeated installing of OpenLDAP required manual removal of
certain directories before new build.

Both are working fine on my system.  If this approach is acceptable,
then I can proceed with any tests suggested.