GNOME 2.26.3

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Sep 15 22:56:40 PDT 2009

On 09/11/2009 02:16 AM, DJ Lucas wrote:

> I also have an issue with the desktop icons; Computer and Trash do not
> work.  'Could not display "computer:///".  The file is of an unknown
> type'.  In the past, this has been due to glib modules dir, but that is
> not the case as gnome-vfs has been fixed to install in /usr (based on
> the gio-2.0.pc file (glib)) for some time.  GIO_EXTRA_MODULES has no
> effect.  I'm honestly not sure what is up with that.

Same for the network icon (after configuring it to show in gconf).  I
understand FUSE is now required for that functionality.  Got it built
into the kernel.

root [ /home/dj ]# cat /boot/config-2.6.30.2 | grep FUSE
CONFIG_FUSE_FS=y
root [ /home/dj ]# exit

Wondering if that also has to do with lack of consolekit.....anyway,
it's on the way in for the shutdown issue.

-- DJ Lucas