cdrtools-2.01

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 08:48:38 PDT 2009

Guy Dalziel wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 09:18:28PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> I took a look at the package in a bit more detail.  The glibc_conflicts patch is
>> no longer needed, but an updated ascii patch will be needed.
>>
>> I don't know anything about the iconv patch, but I suspect it is needed too.
>
> The ascii patch has never been essential and it's always there if
> people want it, it will just need to be reapplied.

I looked last night and many, but not all, of the places it fixed have been
updated in the newest beta.

> The mkisofs iconv
> patch, however, will have to be quite majorly reworked in order to get
> it working again; half of the files that it patches no longer exist with
> the disappearance of libunls. So until someone fixes the mkisofs patch
> then there is only 1 patch that is still usable, and that's optional.

I never really followed what it was supposed to be fixing.  The most recent
patch at cvs.fedoraproject.org is three years old.  In the latest code there are
instances of #ifdef USE_ICONV and include/schily/iconv.h has:

#ifdef   HAVE_ICONV_H
#ifndef  _INCL_ICONV_H
#include <iconv.h>
#define  _INCL_ICONV_H
#endif
#else
#undef   USE_ICONV
#endif

In AN-2.01.01a59 is the comment:

New autoconf test that checks for the differences between the original
iconv() implementation from Sun and the deviating POSIX standard.
This allows to avoid compiler warning messages for mkisofs.

It's too bad we don't have Alexander around any more to review this type of thing.