GNOME 2.26.3

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Sep 13 20:30:27 PDT 2009

On 9/13/2009 4:42 PM, Wayne Blaszczyk wrote:

> Dan Nicholson wrote:
> <stuff_deleted/>
>
>> Looking at the source, it seems that the gdm script sources
>> /etc/profile, so the environment for gdm-binary running as root has
>> all the normal shell variables. So, when gdm-binary forks the greeter,
>> it should have the same environment. Does the environment for
>> gdm-binary contain the XDG* variables?
>>
> I've shoved the XDG* variables into the /etc/profile section and all
> seems well.

I still use a flat /etc/profile (IOW, they have always been there for
me) and I do not have the icons.  Could, of course, be a local issue,
but needs additional investigation.  Probably something stupid...I've
been rushing a lot lately.  It took me almost two hours to find the
error in PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/pythong2.6.  ;-)

-- DJ Lucas