cdrtools-2.01

Guy Dalziel krendoshazin at dementedfury.org
Sun Sep 13 15:49:17 PDT 2009

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 03:19:14PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Looking at the source of AN-2.01.01a64, it says:
>
> NOTE: cdrtools is currently in a state just before a new major release.

I see that so often these days that I'm not sure what to believe
anymore. MPlayer has been on an rc2 release for years (for reasons
previously discussed) and cdrdao is also on rc2 with no visible release
in the near future.

> Perhaps we should add a note to the book that the latest betas are clean,
> but also wait another month or two to see if a new release is made.

That's probably a good idea, it won't hurt to wait a little while.
Personally I feel that cdrtools is quite a slow moving project, so as is
the case with cdrdao we may be waiting a while for that "soon to be
released" release. Time will tell.