cdrtools-2.01

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 13:19:14 PDT 2009

Guy Dalziel wrote:
> It seems that every time I compile cdrtools a new problem arises, once
> again the glibc patch seems to be failing to do the job. I grabbed the
> beta of cdrtools (2.01.01) from the site, and it compiled straight out
> of the box with no patches required. I propose that we upgrade cdrtools
> to the beta and get rid of the patches, vanilla code is always more
> desirable. I know we're not in the habit of including development
> releases, but I feel that the situation of 2.01 warrents the use of it.

Looking at the source of AN-2.01.01a64, it says:

NOTE: cdrtools is currently in a state just before a new major release.

Actually, this was input at AN-2.01.01a41 (June 08), but there have been 9
updates this year.  Perhaps we should add a note to the book that the latest
betas are clean, but also wait another month or two to see if a new release is made.

I'm in the same position in LFS.  I'd like to update to GRUB2, but I'm waiting
for a full release.