GNOME 2.26.3

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Sep 7 22:14:23 PDT 2009

On 09/07/2009 08:32 AM, Wayne Blaszczyk wrote:
> I finally worked out my problem after hours of pull my hair out.
> I forgot to set the XDG_DATA_DIRS and XDG_CONFIG_DIRS variables.
> Now I need to figure out how to shove them into gdm.

No icons in gdm?  I set XDG* in the bootscript with no change, but it
shouldn't matter, as the default configuration pulls in /etc/profile
anyway IIUC.  Also, shutdown and reboot icons do not work correctly for
me.   There is that, and then two other remaining wrinkles to iron out
on my installation.

First, gnome-keyboard still does not allow additional layouts, not even
greyed out...but I'm using hal/policykit, maybe that has something to do
with it.  I did not add gnome-policykit into the mix on this build.

Second, gnome-screensaver never returns the screen...or rather, it does,
but the screen flashes with any user input (mouse or keyboard) and the
panel and icons never come back.  xscreensaver works in the interim (and
honestly is my choice anyway), but I also pulled in all of the
xscreensaver hacks (which is the probable cause).  More as soon as I can
get to it.

Only parts not built are Evince, and the accessibility packages.

-- DJ Lucas