GNOME 2.26.3

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Sep 6 20:43:41 PDT 2009

On 09/02/2009 09:09 AM, Wayne Blaszczyk wrote:

> DJ, or anyone else,
> Is the gnome icon on the (top left by default) start bar being displayed
> correctly? Mine is red crossed.
> Cheers,
> Wayne.

Okay..have my box in front of me.  Yes, the foot is there.  It
disappears (as does desktop and menu icons) when using TightVNC's
version of Xvnc.  I understand that this is a longstanding bug in
gnome-settings-daemon (something to the effect of it pukes if started on
another local display after having started elsewhere under a
profile...didn't look into it too much, but included this tidbit just in
case it might be related).  I haven't managed to get RealVNC (too much
work to recreate an xc tree) or x11vnc (too much overhead) to build
yet.  Anyway, yes, everything works correctly while in front of the machine.

-- DJ Lucas