Official Branding on firefox option

Nathan Coulson conathan at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 08:29:20 PDT 2009

On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 8:20 AM, DJ Lucas<dj at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> On 9/6/2009 5:56 AM, Nathan Coulson wrote:
>> I noticed that enable-official-branding is no longer on the
>> firefox/xulrunner pages, making me the proud user of the Shiretoki
>> browser
>>

> Fixed in r8010.
>
> -- DJ Lucas
+# This option causes the installed binaries to have the official
+# Firefox name embedded in them. Due to license restrictions, you
+# may not distribute binaries created using this option.  It also
+# means you get a popup EULA when you first run firefox.
+# If you disable this, the browser will call itself Minefield.
+ac_add_options --enable-official-branding

It seems that they may be going by the name Shiretoki for this version
of firefox when --enable-official-branding is not enabled

--
Nathan Coulson (conathan)
------