Firefox

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Sep 5 23:31:45 PDT 2009

On 9/1/2009 11:29 AM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Nathan Coulson wrote:
>

>> When I was building it,  I used  NSPR_LIBS="\`pkg-config nspr
>> --libs\`" NSPR_CFLAGS="\`pkg-config nspr --cflags\`" (I do not have
>> the full buildlog on what I did, there were numerous workarounds).
>> This was on version 1.9.1b4
>>
> Thanks Nathan.
>
> I tried a couple of variations on this, but still got:
>
> undefined reference to `PR_AtomicDecrement'
> undefined reference to `PR_AtomicIncrement'
> undefined reference to `PR_sscanf'
>
> These are in libnspr4.so.
>
> Notably, I had the following environment variables set:
>
> NSPR_CFLAGS='-I/usr/include/xulrunner-1.9.1.2/stable  '
> NSPR_LIBS='-L/usr/lib/xulrunner-devel-1.9.1.2/lib -lplds4 -lplc4 -lnspr4
> -lpthread -ldl  '
>
> That didn't work.
>
> What did work is Where the build was explicitly failing (2 places), I edited the
> line and added the LIBS line.  So far it seems to work properly.
>
> DJ, If you get the book updated, I'll rebuild and test for you.
>
>     -- Bruce

Finally in.  I've only built the various incarnations 25 times or so to
get it right.  :-)  I also just remembered the alsa-lib dep too...might
be able to get that out yet, but I've got it as required right now.
It's required for the openvideo support, but might be able to build
without it.  Guess I'll do a couple more rebuilds tomorrow or Monday.
All three patches for nss, nspr, and xul/ff should now continue to work
over version updates, barring any directory structure changes in the
source packages.  Official recommendation now is to build each
individual part separately, but that is not actually required, the nss
version in the book is newer than those included in the 1.9.1.2 tree,
and contains security fixes.  1.9.1.3 will have that version I believe
and hopefully should be out shortly.

-- DJ Lucas