GConf typo

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Sep 3 22:47:25 PDT 2009

On 8/28/2009 9:48 PM, Wayne Blaszczyk wrote:

> William Immendorf wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 10:43 AM, DJ Lucas<dj at linuxfromscratch.org>  wrote:
>>
>>> Any objection if I add the above fix to the book then?
>>>
>> I have none.
>>
>> William
>>
> I have none either. Feel free to change it.
> The reason I left it out initially was that it didn't feel right to have
>   a /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.system directory when gconf itself is using
> /etc/gnome/2.26.3/gconf/. I believe this problem only exists with GDM
> from memory?
> Wayne.

Nope...also when starting via gnome-session.  Also you asked about the
gnome footprint icon in another message I can't seem to find right now.
I think the graphic was there, but I'm not sure, I just borked my X
installation...got careless and overwrote a bunch of files trying to get
a vnc session so I could test the Mozilla stack.  The footprint is not
there in the VNC session, but neither are any of the desktop icons (and
I know they were there).  I'm recovering now, only 11 packages to
rebuild, but I unfortunately will not be home for quite some time now to
check.

-- DJ Lucas