GConf typo

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 1 10:22:46 PDT 2009

2009/8/29 Wayne Blaszczyk <wblaszcz at bigpond.net.au>:

> William Immendorf wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 10:43 AM, DJ Lucas<dj at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>>> Any objection if I add the above fix to the book then?
>> I have none.
>>
>> William
> I have none either. Feel free to change it.
> The reason I left it out initially was that it didn't feel right to have
>  a /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.system directory when gconf itself is using
> /etc/gnome/2.26.3/gconf/. I believe this problem only exists with GDM
> from memory?
> Wayne.

 I saw something similar when I tried to run gconftool-2 (in my case,
building for /etc/gnome), but because I was making a bad guess about
my (gnumeric) problem (gconf was innocent) it didn't actually affect
anything.  I'm relieved that other people do see it, that's one less
thing to blame on the idiosyncracies of my build. ;-)

ĸen
--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"