Firefox

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 09:29:08 PDT 2009

Nathan Coulson wrote:

> When I was building it,  I used  NSPR_LIBS="\`pkg-config nspr
> --libs\`" NSPR_CFLAGS="\`pkg-config nspr --cflags\`" (I do not have
> the full buildlog on what I did, there were numerous workarounds).
> This was on version 1.9.1b4

Thanks Nathan.

I tried a couple of variations on this, but still got:

undefined reference to `PR_AtomicDecrement'
undefined reference to `PR_AtomicIncrement'
undefined reference to `PR_sscanf'

These are in libnspr4.so.

Notably, I had the following environment variables set:

NSPR_CFLAGS='-I/usr/include/xulrunner-1.9.1.2/stable  '
NSPR_LIBS='-L/usr/lib/xulrunner-devel-1.9.1.2/lib -lplds4 -lplc4 -lnspr4
-lpthread -ldl  '

That didn't work.

What did work is Where the build was explicitly failing (2 places), I edited the
line and added the LIBS line.  So far it seems to work properly.

DJ, If you get the book updated, I'll rebuild and test for you.