CYRUS-SASL: /var/run/saslauthd permissions

Claus Regelmann rgc at rgc1.inka.de
Fri Oct 30 15:10:35 PDT 2009

The BLFS-installation instuction for cyrus-sasl says:
'install -v -m700 -d /var/lib/sasl /var/run/saslauthd'
this restricts access to '/var/run/saslauthd/mux' to
processes running with root privs.

I just recognized this problem, when installing/testing cyrus-imapd from scratch.
I followed the cyrus instructions to run the service under an unpriv user(cyrus),
and I set its authentication method to 'sasl_pwcheck_method:to saslauthd'

Setting the privs for '/var/run/saslauthd' 711 works.

Claus