enigmail

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 10:21:07 PDT 2009

Right now we install enigmail with both Thunderbird and Seamonkey.  This is a
problme for a couple of reasons.  First, enigmail is not yet available for
seamonkey-2.0, although it has been promised "soon".

Looking at Thunderbird, version 3 should be out soon (beta4 was relased a month
ago, rc1 will be released next Tuesday), but the enigmail developer says that it
will be somewhat after release to get a version for TB3.

http://www.mozdev.org/pipermail/enigmail/2009-October/011599.html

I question why we need to pick one extension/plugin for Seamonkey/TB out of
hundreds.

I propose dropping enigmail from BLFS and replacing the functionality with a
hint or wiki entry.