seamonkey 2 and Xulrunner

Chris Staub chris at beaker67.com
Fri Oct 30 08:46:02 PDT 2009

On 10/30/2009 01:35 AM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> The ones marked with an asterisk are linked back to /usr/lib, but the others are
> not.  Therefore I don't think firefox/thunderbird/seamonky are finding
> libmozjs.so, libxul.so, libxpcom.so.  libxpcom_core.so is found in
> /usr/lib/seamonkey-2.0.
>
> The curious thing is that seamonkey seems to run just fine without finding these
> libraries.  Should we making links to the other libraries?
>
> Comments?
>
>     -- Bruce

There is no problem here. I've seen the exact same thing with both
Firefox and Thunderbird for years, and of course with Xulrunner itself
now. For all of the various Mozilla packages, a number of the actual
libs are in
/usr/lib/{thunderbird,firefox,xulrunner,seamonkey}-[version], and
/usr/bin/[program-name] is a shell script that sets up the appropriate
environment variables to tell the program to look there at runtime.
Pretty much any Mozilla program has operated like this for a long time now.