Gnome-2.28.0 build notes -- gnome-applets-2.28.0

Lars Bamberger maillist at herr-der-mails.de
Tue Oct 27 11:02:09 PDT 2009

Wayne Blaszczyk wrote:
> Lars Bamberger wrote:
>> Also, I'm having trouble with the cpu-freq-applet: It won't let me
>> change the cpu freq. I think it is this problem:
>
>> http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=639854
>
>> However, the proposed fix doesn't work for me :-(  Something with the
>> authorization granting stuff (PolicyKit / polkit) is messed up. Can
>> anyone confirm this problem?
> It's not working for me either. The following entry is posted in the
> auth.log:
>  comm="gnome-session) interface="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager"
> member="CanRestart" error name="(unset)" requested_reply=0
> destination=":1.3" (uid=0 pid=1423 comm="/usr/sbin/console-kit-daemon))

I got this too. Furthermore, I'm seeing this:

gdm-simple-slave: WARNING: Unable to launch D-Bus daemon: Failed to
execute child process "/opt/gnome/bin/dbus-launch" (No such file or
directory)

and

gnome-session: WARNING: Could not launch application
'polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1.desktop': Unable to start
application: Failed to execute child process
"/usr/libexec/polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1" (No such file or
directory)

I think these might be related to some kind of authorization-problem.
I'll try and get my head around this.

As for dbus-launch, this lives in /usr/bin so I'll see if we can tell
gnome-session to look there. polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1 does
not exist on my system(s). I'm looking for a packet which provides this.

Bye,
Lars