Linux Standards Base

Guy Dalziel krendoshazin at dementedfury.org
Tue Oct 27 05:23:04 PDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 12:29:34AM -0500, DJ Lucas wrote:
> I don't have an answer for this one.  There have been some minor issues
> with jpeg-7 (gtk washout issue), indicating that they are not 100% ABI
> compatible, so a symlink is probably not sufficient.

I've already patched the problem with GTK and libjpeg 7, that should be
fixed now. As for the symlink you're correct: when I first compiled
libjpeg 7 I had several programs that were compiled against libjpeg 6,
so I attempted to resolve it temporarily with a symlink but it did not
work. The only solution was to recompile everything. For the most part I
think that 7 is compatible with 6, they've just changed the range of
allowable scaling factors. I'm not currently aware of any other major
differences.