Linux Standards Base

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Oct 26 22:41:05 PDT 2009

On 10/27/2009 12:16 AM, Bryan Kadzban wrote:
> Noting which programs are needed wouldn't be too bad. Moving a lot of
> them into LFS, I wouldn't like. Most of the stuff you mentioned is
> pretty rarely needed in reality -- or at least, on my system, which is
> mostly all I care about. Obviously this is a bit of a skewed
> perspective though. :-P

I agree...abut having them noted, not moving them, and making an effort
to support it.  I'd also like to see the boot scripts dynamically
allocated (dependency based), as it is one less list to worry about, and
should a BLFS package install it's own scripts, we no longer have to
worry about maintaining our own for it (cups for example).

-- DJ Lucas