Gnome-2.28.0 build notes -- Compatability Symlinks

Lars Bamberger maillist at herr-der-mails.de
Sat Oct 24 02:30:56 PDT 2009

DJ Lucas wrote:
> This is mostly for Wayne, but anyone else working on Gnome-2.28.0, I'm
> building in the /opt/gnome-2.28.0 prefix as opposed to /usr and thought
> these build notes might be useful.

Same here.

On my system I created some "compatibility" symlinks:

$GNOME_PREFIX/share/icons -> /usr/share/icons
$GNOME_PREFIX/share/pixmaps -> /usr/share/pixmaps
$GNOME_PREFIX/python$PYTHON_VERSION -> /usr/lib/python$PYTHON_VERSION
$GNOME_PREFIX/lib/gio -> /usr/lib/gio/modules

This works for me, but it might also break things as some packages might
step on each others toes. Anyhow one might consider putting these
instructions in the book at one time.

Lars