Xorg-7.5 very soon (Was: Re: KDE4)

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 09:08:34 PDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 4:02 AM, Thomas Trepl
<thomas at equinox.homelinux.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> next time, when Xorg-7.5 will be out, I'll update to the latest version of
> KDE4.  I hope that this will solve a problem i have with X or/and KDE4 when
> enabling all those animations and gimmicks in kwin (like rolling the desktops,
> displaying them as a cube, falling snow etc).  It all works well - more or
> less long and suddenly the desktop totally freezes - the system itself still
> ok. In the Xorg.log (which I hav attached) there are notes about invinite
> loops. For that I didnt find much hints.  I feel that is not really a X
> problem (with KDE3 i never had those problems) but I cannot believe that this
> is a real KDE4 problem... I think this is some kind of both.
>
> Has one of you seen such a problem too?

Similar bugs have been reported many times on the X list. What's your
hardware, X driver, X server, mesa version and kernel version?

Looking at the log, it seems like an input problem. Have you
considered using the evdev driver instead of mouse? It has all the
same functionality.

--
Dan