Xorg version

Guy Dalziel krendoshazin at dementedfury.org
Thu Jul 30 16:47:08 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 10:54:47PM -0000, DJ Lucas wrote:
> We also need the 1.6 server to use the new Intel DRI2(???) stuff right,
> along with new Mesa, new LibDRM, and new drivers?  Any other gotchas?  I
> haven't kept tabs on X development lately.  Too much magic voodoo stuff
> over there.  ;-)

I now have my 1.6 Xorg desktop set up. Since Xorg compiled the dri2
module I'm assuming it's ready. I had problems with Mesa 7.5 but 7.4.4
compiled and works just fine, and there were no problems with the
latest LibDRM. I'm using the latest drivers and it all feels very
responsive; I had to point nv to the xorg-server source in order to get
it to compile with the new mode code, though.