Xorg version

Guy Dalziel krendoshazin at dementedfury.org
Thu Jul 30 06:41:41 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 08:16:40AM -0500, Dan Nicholson wrote:
> However, the patch DJ's referring to is in the xserver-1.6 series if
> you decide to go that route. I think most of the distros are using the
> 1.6 server on their newer releases.

I think I'm going to have to. My situation hasn't improved even after
trying the official nvidia drivers, so I'm not sure that the driver is
the primary suspect anymore. 1.4 worked fine for me - which is what
slackware uses - and as mentioned earlier, 1.6 works fine for me as
well. It's almost starting to feel like everyone is avoiding 1.5. Either
way I've got two choices: use something that works, or spend my time
trying to fix something that will probably be outdated soon.